The Division of Enforcement investigates possible violations of securities laws, recommends Commission action when appropriate, either in a federal court or before an administrative law judge, and negotiates settlements.Learn more about this agency
If selected, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for conducting investigations dealing with difficult and complex matters involving all aspects of the securities market.
- Serves as a legal adviser for the MIRO Regional Director, Associate Regional Director and Chief-Attorney Adviser on investor assistance, education and advocacy activities, as well as activities related to the identification, review and screening of information for possible enforcement investigation or other action.
- Responsible for investor assistance, education and advocacy activities and for those activities related to investor assistance, investor education and or policies, the identification, review and screening of Tips, Complaints and Referrals (TCRs), as well as other relevant sources of information for possible enforcement investigation or other appropriate action.
- Conducts research, reviews and analyzes a variety of documents related to investor complaints and issues, and develops recommendations to resolve problems in assigned area of specialization
- Provides assistance within assigned area of responsibility, responding to complex and difficult questions related to securities regulation and SEC operations, addressing issues and problems encountered by the individual investors.
- Researches and ensures that the Office's informal guidance is appropriate under federal securities laws and consistent with the range of federal and state legal, regulatory, and administrative requirements.
- Responds to questions and inquiries on matters of law, procedure, or policy relative to Office policies and/or on-going cases from individual investors and the public.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595785900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.