THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SUPPLY TECHNICIAN, Position Description Number D1186000 and is part of the MA ARNG UTES, National Guard. This is a Bargaining Unit position. The unit point of contact and contact phone for this position is: CPT Samuel Houde at (339)202-3461.Learn more about this agency
(1) Incumbent is responsible to provide technical assistance to subordinate units, the headquarters logistics section, or other staff sections concerning logistics and maintenance management. Assists in providing proficiency training for logistical personnel within the command. Reviews current and future equipment authorization documents and provides recommendations for modification. Performs random reviews of subordinate unit expendable/durable requisitions. Assists in monitoring funds availability in accordance with regulations and the commander's priorities. Verifies property listings to ensure non expendable quantities are commensurate with authorized levels of current or future authorization documents. Reviews current due-in status of back orders and identifies issues or problems. Performs audits of shortage/overage annexes to ensure all expendable/durable items are on hand, on valid requisitions, or turn-in actions have been initiated. Serves as a purchase-card holder for ordering items in accordance with current directives. Executes supply and maintenance discipline inspections and other like evaluations of subordinate logistical operations. Performs assistance visits in the areas of supply and maintenance. Audits personal clothing records at subordinate elements. Examines organizational clothing and individual equipment (OCIE) reports to ensure the completion of supply actions of subordinate units. Inspects OCIE records for procedural completeness, accountability, accuracy, and agreement with automated management systems. Reports findings and critical problem areas to appropriate command levels. Coordinates lateral transfers of excess clothing and equipment within the organization.
(2) Provides input for the development of command logistics policies. Consolidates unit level logistics feeder information for the organizational readiness report. Assists in preparing logistics plans for scheduled training. Coordinates for the receipt and issue of billeting, equipment, and supplies for training. Reviews Reports of Survey, Cash Collections, and Statements of Charges for property loss or damage. Reviews and forwards adjustment documents. Assists in monitoring high priority requisitions, reviews on-hand levels of equipment, identifies equipment excess and shortages, and reviews and coordinates transfers of equipment. Assists in coordinating the receipt, inventory, and issue of new equipment fielded to the organization. Prepares or reviews convoy requests, movement plans, and transportation requests for movement of equipment and personnel. Prepares reports, schedules repair or maintenance, and requests replacement of GSA vehicles. Reviews, monitors, and forwards logistics correspondence and documents.
(3) Performs as a technical specialist in food service administration. Reviews and forwards subsistence requests and consumption reports. Adjusts scheduled meal menus based on training requirements. Reviews AT and IDT food service records and provides guidance to logistical and food service personnel. Prepares requests and coordinates receipt of bulk and package petroleum, oil, and lubricants (POL). Coordinates and completes turn-in actions for POL. Prepares or assists in the preparation of ammunition requests. Coordinates and assists in the receipt, issue, and turn-in of ammunition and residue. Forwards reports of ammunition usage for reconciliation. Coordinates the request, issue, and turn-in of medical supplies. Maintains hazardous materials handling and environmental safety certifications.
(4) May be required to coordinate with local officials, service organizations, etc., for a variety of purposes: armory security coordination with police, rental of the armory, recruiting activities, and organizational participation in celebrations. May coordinate the equipment requirements to support school activities such as "career days" for the purpose of informing individuals and groups of the benefits of belonging to the National Guard.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595715200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.