This position is a Senior Level position in the federal government. Senior Level employees are in non-executive positions whose duties are broad and complex enough to be classified above GS-15 level. Senior level positions involve highly specialized and complex work.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as the Fleet Cyber Command (FCC) Senior Level Information Technology (IT) Command Technology Officer (CTO).
- You will serve as an executive advisor providing leadership and direction on assessment of emerging technologies and portfolio alignment in addressing the full spectrum of FCC mission in alignment with the Navy enterprise architecture.
- You will perform a wide range of enterprise capabilities architect key functions by assessing enterprise IT/network performance; coordinate efforts to identify and resolve technology gaps; and facilitate IT and cyber investment opportunities.
- You will promote efficient governance and process management of enterprise portfolios; convey the Commander's objectives through cross functional forums; and provide programming and budget estimations and cost assessments.
- You will make authoritative recommendations to the leadership as to how space operations are integrated into the command's objectives, priorities, resource allocations, initiatives, and continuing operations.
- You will research, evaluate, and advocate for adoption of technical capabilities to accomplish critical mission objectives focusing on improving the long-term security, integrity, and survivability of DON networks.
- You will forecast threat vectors and potential vulnerabilities in researching and advising the leadership in exploiting future concepts and strategies and emerging technologies for networks, cyber applications, and software products.
- You will regularly represent FCC by engaging with senior subject matter expert (SME) colleagues throughout Department of Defense (DoD) organizations and other agencies, as well as with industry and academia partners and operational stakeholders.
- You will lead multifaceted efforts to identify and integrate new and pioneering space battlefront capabilities requirements into the command's portfolio and Department of the Navy's (DON) cyberspace community operational plans.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595700300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.