Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
The duty location for this position is any BLM Office/Center. Location is negotiable after selection.
We expect to fill 2 vacancies at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
Note: The salary listed on this announcement is that of the "Rest of U.S. Locality Pay Table" for 2021. The actual salary will depend upon your duty location.
- Provide technical expertise in the fields of air quality, meteorology, and climatology to assess impacts related to natural resource development and land-use planning.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and monitoring the condition and trend of resources.
- Apply and use appropriate mathematical transport models, emission inventories, and related protocols to assess environmental impacts, effectiveness of control measures, and/or general conformity requirements.
- Provide project management for scientific studies and technical projects, including activities such as leading interdisciplinary teams, sequencing tasks and planning work, facilitating communications with various offices.
- Communicate and collaborate with senior-level experts from other Federal agencies, State and local agencies, academia, and stakeholder groups to improve the quality and consistency of ecosystem monitoring and analyses conducted on public lands.
- Represent the BLM on intergovernmental and scientific society committees formed to address various inventory and monitoring issues at landscape, regional, or national scales.
- Prepare written materials to document the results of technical analyses and scientific studies.
- Explain technical concepts in meetings or briefings with line managers, stakeholders, and the general public.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595682500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.