THIS IS A PUBLIC NOTICE: Please review further information below regarding how this posting will be used.
As a General Engineer/Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for the performance of all aspects of the project management of Prospectus Level and non-prospectus level projects. Oversees and/or is involved in the business management of building and/or leasing projects from the preliminary identification stage through initiation, planning, execution and project closeout stages.Learn more about this agency
This Notice is issued under direct-hire authority to recruit new talent to occupations for which there is a severe shortage of candidates. We have a severe shortage of qualified applicants for our General Engineer / Civil Engineer positions. To help us fill these jobs, we have been granted “Direct Hire Authority” or DHA. This means that when we have a vacant job, we can hire any qualified candidate, either from this notice or from any source. The benefit of applying to this notice is that your application may be shared with a hiring manager if they request resumes from this notice.
A few key facts about this DHA notice:
- Many vacancies may be filled at the GS-11 through GS-13 levels.
- Jobs have varying opportunities for advancement (promotion potential).
- Supervisory and non-supervisory opportunities will vary.
- Jobs may be located in any of the metropolitan areas listed.
- Availability of positions and grade levels vary by location. Promotion potential varies by position.
- Current civil service employees will receive new appointments, if selected under this Direct Hire Authority.
Each metropolitan area will independently review applications and decide who to interview.
For questions specifically related to any individual location, please send an inquiry (indicating the location of interest) to: email@example.com
If you have general questions about this job posting, or are having difficulty applying, contact us at 816-823-2006, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on DHA, please visit https://www.opm.gov/directhire/index.asp.
As a General/Civil Engineer you will be responsible responsible for the performance of all aspects of the project management of Prospectus and non-prospectus level projects. Oversees and/or is involved in the business management of building and/or leasing projects from the preliminary identification stage through initiation, planning, execution and project closeout stages. Assignments encompass a broad range of responsibilities including planning, organizing, controlling, coordinating, reviewing, and approving design, construction, and related work performed by other GSA organizations.
Your duties may also include:
- Professional Engineering - Conducting site surveys to determine condition of structures and systems, evaluates requirements and recommends incorporation, modification or exclusion of various project features to best meet long-term needs of the government in consideration of such factors as urgency of needed repairs or redesign, useful life of building components and systems, and cost/benefits involved. Reviewing engineering problems and provides recommendations to GSA management. Preparing technical reports on engineering matters that influence current and future regional programs.
- Project Management - Range of responsibilities leading to the successful initiation, planning, execution, and closure of leasing, design, or construction projects, including prospectus level and non-prospectus level projects, which comprise the most major, politically sensitive, and complex initiatives.
- Contracting Officer's Representative - Represents GSA and the Contracting Officer (CO) on Architecture/Engineering, Construction Management, lease and Construction contracts as the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and exercises delegated authority from the CO reviewing, inspecting, and directing work as it proceeds in compliance with contract requirements. Recommends payment for services received or appropriate action where non-conformance with the contract is discovered.
- Customer Service - Serving as the primary point of contact for a variety of customers both internal and external to the organization.
Occasional travel - Travel requirements vary by position.
11 - Availability of positions at each of the grade levels indicated varies by location. Therefore, not all grade levels are available at each location. Additionally, the promotion potential of each position will vary.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595608600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.