If selected, you will join a well-respected team responsible for investigating possible violations of securities laws, recommending and litigating Commission action when appropriate, either in a federal court or before an administrative law judge, and negotiating settlements.Learn more about this agency
- Developing, litigating and conducting trials of court cases and administrative proceedings that present unique legal, evidentiary and policy challenges and present the opportunity to establish legal precedent, and monitoring decisions that impact the SEC.
- Overseeing the conduct of cases and making decisions regarding tactics and strategy to be employed; representing the SEC throughout the course of the litigation; addressing highly complex legal and factual issues; and efficiently managing SEC cases.
- Providing expert litigation advice, including policy and regulatory recommendations by maintaining and exhibiting knowledge, insight, and understanding in order to respond to inquiries in pending or potential litigation.
- Fostering productive work relationships with federal and state regulators and criminal authorities; and engaging in public outreach and representational opportunities to showcase the goals and strategic vision of the Commission.
- Providing agency representation in negotiations and discussion with senior officials and/or lawyers and formulating proposed settlements that often have broad legal implications.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595575600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.