You will serve as a HEALTH PHYSICIST in the RADIOLOGICAL ENGINEERING DIVISION of PSNS and IMF.Learn more about this agency
- You will monitor and review work sequences and radiological control procedures involved in the overhaul of nuclear propulsion systems.
- You will analyze radiological control practices and modify or initiate new programs, techniques or procedures.
- You will develop new technical methods to improve work practices and radiation control procedures.
- You will coordinate and integrate changes in radiological control practices where analyses show an impact on development and implementation of work sequences.
- You will assess and investigate unusual radiological control problems.
- You will coordinate with related technical and production organizations the most reasonable and technically acceptable solutions to problems encountered during shipyard work.
- You will make recommendations to shipyard management to preclude over exposure to personnel, release to the environment, general loss of radiological control, and stoppage of production work.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595543900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.