This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain DoD Personnel to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
Plan, direct, supervise and coordinate the work of the Enterprise Services Branch within the 7th Signal Command (Theater) (7th SC(T)) providing enterprise level oversight of IT Requirements, Virtualization and Cloud Solutions.
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, difficulty of the work assignments, and the capabilities of the employees.
- Evaluate work performance of subordinates and give advice, counsel, or instructions to employees on both technical and administrative matters.
- Develop and establish an efficient and economical position structure that best serves mission needs by providing the optimum balance between economy, efficiency, skills utilization, employee motivation, and employee development.
- Perform in-depth investigations adapting and extending methods, experimental devices, or computer simulation and analysis to explore advancements in knowledge of phenomena, theories, and concepts to fulfill military requirements.
- Serve as expert advisor and lead systems engineer to agency and other government personnel, as well as contractors in assigned area of responsibility.
- Interpret policies and concepts required to standardize and minimize the number and types of computers and languages utilized in information systems.
- Conduct briefings to senior leaders within and external to the organization.
- Prepare performance of work statements in order to consolidate requirements into a contract.
- Develop proposals to secure funding and reduce cost/network complexity.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% Business Travel required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595538100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.