This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency. The incumbent will be responsible for serving as the department's subject matter expert (SME) on mission assurance, all hazards assessments, mission analysis, analytical analysis of vulnerability data, continuity of operations, and risk management..Learn more about this agency
As a EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST at the GS-0089-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Conducts mission analysis using a systems engineering approach in order to identify task critical assets and supporting infrastructure critical to the support of mission essential functions. Formulates and executes methodologies for risk management activities.
- Works with SMEs in the fields of physical security, information assurance (IA), CBRNE, emergency management, continuity of operations, defense critical infrastructure, cybersecurity operations, transportation, munitions operations, and antiterrorism to develop a comprehensive picture of the risk to an installation or mission.
- Assists in the development of the continuity of operations (COOP) benchmarks within the Department of Defense (DoD) Mission Assurance Vulnerability Assessment Benchmarks.
- Assists assessment teams in identifying vulnerabilities (human, physical, technological, and cyber) and mission impact, and developing recommendations to mitigate impact using sound risk management principles.
- Reviews Assessment Focus Statements (AFS) to ensure they define assessment parameters and metrics for success.
- Analyzes critical missions through a systems engineering approach, assesses reliance on infrastructure ; i.e., electric power, petroleum/fuels, telecommunications/Global Information Grid, Industrial Control Systems, chemical, water, supply chains, and transportation via benchmarks.
- Conducts research using unclassified and classified systems such as the Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet), Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS), Strategic Mission Assurance Database System (SMADS), Defense Readiness Reporting System (DRRS) and other available data systems.
- Assists assessment teams in identifying vulnerabilities (human, physical, technological, and cyber) and mission impact, and developing recommendations to mitigate impact using sound risk management principles.Reviews Assessment Focus Statements (AFS) to ensure they define assessment parameters and metrics for success.
- Provides analytic products to provide leadership with comprehensive risk-informed recommendations to support decision-making and selection of the most cost-effective risk management approach.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595536300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.