THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a PAINTING WORKER (T32), Position Description Number D1217000 and is part of the AL CSMS 2, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: CSMS #2, CULLMAN, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: MAJ T. GARNER
(1) Prepares surfaces (i.e., metal, wood and glass) by removing rust, paint, and loose particles. Sands and evens out dents and scars to assure a smooth and level surface using sanders, scrapers, sandpaper, wire brushes, and paint remover. Applies coatings to specified areas ensuring that that surfaces are free from skips, runs, and drips. Applies rustproof compound to areas such as splash panels, quarter panels, seams structural members, and underbody construction. Applies coatings using brushes, rollers, and spray paint equipment.
(2) Prepares coating materials by tinting, toning, etching, blending, and mixing in various additives (i.e., retardants, hardeners, drying agents, and other additives). Applies prime, intermediate and final coats of semi-gloss, gloss and other paint, lacquer, enamel, varnish and shellac. Ensures that match, texture and appearance meet finish requirements. Replaces and applies markings/lettering as specified by appropriate manuals.
(3) Reads and interprets directions that relate to mixture, use, and application of various kinds of coating materials, solvents, and precoating agents.
(4) Applies Chemical Agent Reactive Coating (CARC) materials in accordance with specifications and dimensions. Cleans and maintains painting equipment.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595477400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.