Three positions are located with the Pacific Northwest Research Station (PNWRS). Locations are Mount Shasta, CA; Redding, CA; and Cle Elum, WA.Learn more about this agency
Four positions are located with the Rocky Mountain Research Station (RMRS). Locations are Ely, NV; Ogden, UT; Grangeville, ID; Lewistown, MT.
For information about this position, please contact:
PNWRS: Michelle Gerdes at 503-708-8416 email@example.com
RMRS: Maryfaith Snyder at 801-725-0134 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
- Use botanical keys to identify plants to assist in the collection and preservation of specimens.
- Record all measurements utilizing a personal data recorder in order to upload and edit data, and complete accurate and concise plot summaries of all field visits.
- Determine plot location accuracy and accessibility to remote field sites using aerial photographs, topographic maps, compass and Global Positioning System (GPS).
- Determine species composition such as count and measurement of the number, species, size, quality, cull and other characteristics of sample trees.
- Manage crews in measuring plot data and collecting samples for analyses.
- Perform project planning activities including scheduling, organizing, and executing field data collection projects related to natural resource inventory.
- Develop work plans that include time and cost estimates, and the materials, supplies, and equipment to accomplish a study.
- Assemble and prepare material for field research work including selection of aerial photos, maps, and equipment.
- Work in isolation on a small team, and follow safety and health procedures.
75% or less - Travel will be required 40-80% of the time for the purpose of site visits, training, and field work. Overnight travel and camping will be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595367400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.