The U.S. Secret Service, Office of Chief Information Officer (CIO), is responsible for providing advice and assistance to senior managers on IT acquisition and management; developing, maintaining, and facilitating implementation of a sound and integrated IT architecture; and promoting effective and efficient design and operation of all major CIO processes for the agency, including improvements to work processes. For more information on the Secret Service click here.Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Secret Service, Office of Chief Information Officer (CIO), is responsible for defining, communicating, and establishing the major elements of Secret Service IT programs to include: IT strategic planning, enterprise architecture, capital planning and investment control, IT program management, policies and overall governance of the IT infrastructure. The CIO is also responsible for information security policy and oversight, e-government, and IT performance metrics in order to comply with applicable laws, Executive Orders, directives, policies, and regulations governing information systems.
Duties may include the following:
- Collaborating with other Supervisory IT Program Managers on the formulation of short and long range plans, goals and objectives.
- Preparing and reviewing comprehensive recommendations regarding the development and/or modification of program policies and procedures to enhance operational efficiency.
- Conducting continuing evaluations of the effectiveness and adequacy of branch operations, work methods and techniques
- Identifying issues, initiating and coordinating research and preparing/reviewing position papers and other materials to ensure compliance with policies, guidelines and best practices.
- Developing innovative solutions to identify process and work limitations, proposing and advising senior level officials regarding applicable solutions to solve complicated systemic problems and to improve customer support.
- Coordinating with all 24x7 operation centers within the Secret Service to ensure IT customer support requests and service expectations are clearly understood, documented and measured, planning conducting and providing technical and administrative direction for various phases of significant projects.
- Managing and directing the work efforts of administrative and technical staff; and consistently evaluating individual and team performance to provide immediate and timely feedback for successful outcomes.
Occasional travel - Occasional domestic travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/595328200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.