About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This announcement is for the Protocol Specialist for First Army on Rock Island Arsenal. This individual works for the Secretary of General Staff and plans, coordinates and conducts all Social Events hosted by First Army.
This position will be filled on a permanent basis.
- Plan and coordinate official visits to Headquarters First Army by high level official such as military and civilian visitors, Senators, Congressmen, Governors, foreign dignitaries, national/state/local prominent business, and community leaders.
- Provide visitor biographical data to the Command Group and support personnel to include personal information (food and beverage restrictions, personal interests, correct name pronunciation), proper salutations, forms of address and social customs.
- Perform irregular tours of duty (various non-duty hours/shifts) that may require the incumbent to be physically located on- and off-post at various locations in accomplishing the Command?s Protocol Officer duties.
- Coordinates itineraries with the primary point of contact of expected date and time of departure and/or arrival of each visitors and report any special needs or requirements of visitors.
- Arrange for social functions conducted to honor and/or entertain visitors and distinguished members of the community.
- Research, recommend, and procure official mementos with funds and maintain accountability of the property purchased for the office.
Occasional travel - Up to 20% Business Travel required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594819400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.