The VHA has adopted the HR Modernization and Shared Services Implementation, which is a new model of organizing and consolidating essential HR functions and services to the Network level. This improvement to HR service delivery will best support the needs of the VISN's diverse workforce and the expectations of management related to the acquisition, compensation, retention, and performance of staff.Learn more about this agency
These positions are located within the VISN 7 Shared Service Unit (SSU) for Recruitment and Placement.
Incumbents will perform recruitment and placement and advisory services for Title 38, Hybrid Title 38 and Title 5 occupations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews and interprets draft regulations, standards or other guides for impact on the recruitment program for a large, multi-mission organization. Provides comments to supervisor, and other HR leadership or requesting agency.
- Determines the degree of compliance with regulations and other employment program requirements for a large, multi-mission organization.
- Administers a program to provide internal/external placement, including carrying out special placement activities and providing interpretation and assistance.
- Determines the degree of compliance with regulations and other employment program requirements in the HR office.
- Troubleshoots or leads a team providing a full range of internal/external placement and recruitment duties for this large, multi-mission and complex organization.
- If required, administers attrition management or downsizing benefits/entitlements programs.
- Researches cases and prepares/provides detailed documentation and/or responses for resolution of formal grievances/complaints on qualifications ratings or related merit promotion actions.
- Serves as technical advisor to Regional Counsel in MSPB or EEO Hearings for cases involving hiring processes.
- Executes special recruitment programs to attract well qualified candidates for positions where applicants are in short supply, utilizing imaginative approaches and simultaneous searches for candidates from sources outside the existing work force.
- Uses automated systems such as USA Staffing, PCS Travel Portal, and HR Smart to complete day to day assignments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Virtual: These are virtual positions
Position Description/PD#: HR Specialist (Rec/Plac)/PD99989-A and PD99989A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594772300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.