The Division of Investment Management (IM) works to support the SEC in its mission to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. IM regulates investment companies, variable insurance products, and federally registered investment advisers.Learn more about this agency
IM's Chief Counsel's Office is seeking to fill three Attorney-Adviser positions in Washington, DC.
- Provide formal and informal guidance to internal and external stakeholders relating to issues under the Investment Company Act, the Investment Advisers Act, and other laws and regulations, including requests for no-action and interpretive letters.
- Review and analyze applications for exemptive relief under the Investment Company Act and the Investment Advisers Act.
- Engage with staff in EXAMS, Enforcement, and other divisions and offices on Investment Advisers Act and Investment Company Act matters, including potential violations of these Acts.
- Analyze and assist on key strategic initiatives, including rulemaking, guidance, legislative and other initiatives relating to investment companies and investment advisers.
- Assist Investment Management senior staff with the preparation of speeches and public presentations.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594715700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.