THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Environmental Protection Specialist, Position Description Number D0707000 and is part of the WY Joint Forces Headquarters, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
Serves as the Camp Guernsey environmental program manager, providing expert technical advice directly to the Environmental Program Manager on National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Installation Restoration Program (IRP), Hazardous Waste and various other environmental programs. Represents the EPM at various installation environmental meetings to ensure compliance with policies, regulations, and federal, state, and local statutes. Serves as the single point of contact for the initiation, development, and execution of environmental activities and development of installation regulatory guidance. Accomplishes long range base planning of environmental programs.
(1) Serves as the deputy Environmental Program Manager for Camp Guernsey Joint Training Center and supported tenants which involves the implementation and monitoring of various environmental programs as outlined in ARNG/ANG regulations, directives and policy guidance such as: air and water permitting, solid and hazardous waste disposal and handling programs, pollution control, underground storage tank management, Installation Restoration Program (IRP), cultural and natural resources, endangered species, historical sites and archeology management, etc.
(2) Coordinates ARNG/ANG level facility environmental plans, programs and projects.
(3) Serves as the Camp Guernsey contact and spokesperson with local and state regulators.
(4) Reviews, initiates corrective action, coordinates with EPM on all notices of violations, compliance orders, notices of noncompliance, and other related environmental violations.
(5) Conducts surveys, inspections, and evaluates activities to identify and initiate corrective actions for environmental deficiencies.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594523900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.