THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Title 32), Position Description Number D1194000 and is part of the IL FMS 7, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
As a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Title 32), WG-5801-5/8/10, you will perform maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, inspection, and/or overhaul of a variety of combat, tactical, commercial, and special purpose vehicles and equipment. Assignments are in accordance with work orders, technical manuals, established standards, or inspector instructions. You will use judgment in planning work sequences, selecting tools and repair parts, and otherwise carrying assignments through to completion, referring only unusual and difficult problems to the supervisor.
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Repair and/or overhaul major components such as diesel, multi-fuel or gasoline engines, turbine engines, automatic and manual transmissions, driveline assemblies, electrical and electronic systems and accessories, fuel injection systems, and emission control systems.
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and other non-mechanical systems that have a functional relationship and effect on the operation of mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of hydraulic lifting, loading, turning, and positioning systems and their mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic controls.
- Basic knowledge of electronics, sufficient to identify and replace defective components, such as sensors, diodes, and circuit boards.
- Troubleshoot equipment and diagnose the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks and/or uses test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, pressure gauges, and computer diagnostic tools.
- Conduct readiness and repair inspections on vehicles and associated equipment supported by the activity.
- Inspect supported equipment prior to use during Inactive Duty Training (IDT) and Annual Training (AT), to ensure that it is functioning properly.
- Plan, organize, and perform technical analyses as required or assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594461900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.