NIH Recent Graduates perform duties in one of the Institutes or Centers in the National Institutes of Health (NIH). NIH Recent Graduates receive on-the-job training for one year and complete at least 40 hours of formal interactive training while in the program. Assignments are aimed at developing the employee's skills and knowledge to progressively perform more difficult duties.Learn more about this agency
- Perform specialized contract award and administration work.
- Research, interpret, and apply the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures governing NIH acquisitions to plan, manage, and participate in various aspects of contracting.
- Evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility and performance.
- Apply knowledge of contract types, methods, and techniques.
- Apply knowledge of contract administration and termination techniques sufficient to administer and close out contracts.
- Coordinate and conduct negotiations on assigned programs.
- Apply critical thinking and judgment skills to various work assignments to identify and troubleshoot potential problems and to develop remedies and solutions.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594219300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.