The selectee will serve as a financial analyst/senior financial analyst with all stages of data collection, preparation, and credit risk modeling and simulation.Learn more about this agency
The Office of Multifamily Analytics and Policy
The mission of the Office of Multifamily Analytics and Policy (OMAP) is to ensure sound and prudent oversight over the multifamily housing activities funded by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (the Enterprises). OMAP is dedicated to minimizing risk associated with the Enterprises' multifamily loan purchases through the oversight and monitoring of all multifamily policies, programs, products, and procedures. The mission of OMAP is to ensure the Enterprises appropriately balance credit discipline and their chartered mission to serve underserved markets and promote rental housing affordability.
The selectee will serve as a financial analyst/senior financial analyst with all stages of data collection, preparation, and credit risk modeling and simulation. Areas of focus include; credit risk management; multifamily mortgage performance analyses; multifamily mortgage credit and prepayment risk modeling and simulations.
To complete these tasks, the financial analyst/senior financial analyst:
- Prepares and executes MATLAB code, develops TABLEAU dashboards, and uses SAS programs and datasets.
- Develops and maintains a multifamily forecasting portal that generates loss projections on the Enterprises' business portfolios.
- Performs scenario analyses on the Enterprises' multifamily portfolios and business segments to identify emerging risks and risk exposure.
- Performs quantitative analyses in support of multifamily housing policy development and goals, primary and secondary mortgage markets.
- Develops detailed documentation for multifamily analytic processes and determines data needs to support analyses/reports
- Demonstrate ability to communicate technical multifamily data and modeling outputs to internal multifamily analytic users within FHFA.
- Analyzes the Enterprises' historical and projected multifamily performance, assessing current and emerging risk under current macroeconomic conditions.
- Compiles and analyzes financial and other data and information to assess the multifamily risk exposure and performance of the Enterprises.
- Monitors, reviews, and evaluates developments occurring within the multifamily housing markets or with other financial institutions participating in the multifamily market.
- Conducts and contributes to special projects related to the Enterprises financial performance in multiple areas.
- Produces ad-hoc analyses or presentations on multifamily financial performance and risk exposure issues requested by senior management.
- Represents the office in meetings and discussions with financial analysts and staff of other agencies, the Enterprises, or private organizations.
- Contributes to presentations of analysis to FHFA management, colleagues, other FHFA offices, and the Enterprises.
- Provides analysis and information in support of agency testimony or other publicly released information.
- Participates in the development of office strategies and work plans and determining the scope of work activities.
- Serves as a project manager on completion of analyses or presentations in support of multifamily housing policy development.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594199200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.