Come make the most of your internship at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)! This is an opportunity to work with top professionals who exemplify and promote creative discoveries, innovative strategies, and collaborative exchange of information. Be a part of the mission-- apply now!Learn more about this agency
As a Student Trainee (Purchasing Agent), your typical work assignments may include: ·
- Purchase technical and scientific laboratory items such as centrifuges, drying ovens, dishwashers, constant temperature baths, experimental animals, microscopes, etc.
- Obtain oral or written quotations under the Request for Quotation method of procurement.
- Review and evaluate bids received to determine lowest bid meeting the specifications and requirements of the solicitation, and consult the requestor before considering any bids offering substitute items or materials.
- Prepare correspondence, other contractual documents, purchase orders, requisitions, and letters to vendors requesting information about desired items.
- Make or recommend purchases for recurring requirements independently
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594187200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.