The Procurement Analyst position is in the Division of Acquisition Policy and Evaluation (DAPE), Office of Acquisition Management and Policy (OAMP), Office of Acquisition and Logistics Management (OALM), Office of Management (OM), Office of the Director (OD) and provides policy guidance and technical assistance to the NIH acquisition community.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy announcement may also be used to fill Procurement Analyst positions in one of the other Institutes or Centers at NIH.
This position serves as an NIH senior advisor on procurement policy to acquisition directors, senior contracting officers and program officials, and also serves as an advisor to the management personnel of commercial organizations, educational institutions, and nonprofit foundations and hospitals. Some of the major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, developing, and implementing NIH-wide acquisition policies, standards, and procedures.
- Providing guidance to senior contracting and program staff on technical and policy questions involving complex contracting matters.
- Performing regular and special procurement reviews consistent with Federal laws and regulations and Departmental and NIH policies and standards
- Researching and analyzing significant policy issues and major legislative developments affecting all types of NIH acquisitions. Evaluating recently enacted statutes to determine their impact on current procurement processes and procedures. Providing critical analysis of pressing issues and required policy recommendations to management officials.
- Preparing data analyses, staff studies, reports, and correspondence establishing an NIH position.
- Representing the agency at senior level management and policy meetings, working groups, and committees. Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to review and analyze procurement issues and develop positions as a policy expert.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594154100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.