If you have contracting experience and are looking for a rewarding and challenging position to learn and grow professionally, consider joining the National Institutes of Health! The candidate will serve as a Supervisory Contract Specialist in one of the Institute/Centers including:
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
As a Supervisory Contract Specialist, your duties may include:
- Planning, organizing, and managing a comprehensive program of NIH-wide acquisition policy, procedure and oversight function.
- Overseeing the analysis, interpretation, formulation and dissemination of acquisition policies and procedures.
- Establishing long-range objectives and strategies for the improvement of policy, procedures, analysis, review and oversight functions.
- Developing creative strategies in order to establish and maintain acquisition policy and financial advisory service organizations to support NIH.
- Although not required, the ideal candidate will possess all of the requirements for Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C). HHS requires all warranted contracting officers, regardless of series, to hold an appropriate level of FAC-C certification to make purchases. If you have a FAC-C or DAWIA Contracting certification, please state your level of certification in your resume.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594153300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.