If you have contracting experience and are looking for a rewarding and challenging position to learn and grow professionally, consider joining the National Institutes of Health! The successful candidate will serve as a Lead Contract Specialist in one of the many Institute/Centers within NIH.Learn more about this agency
As a Lead Contract Specialist, your duties may include:
- Developing acquisition objectives for institute programs;
- Developing, reviewing, and advising on the development of reliable Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs) for use in planning and approval of proposed studies;
- Serving as lead negotiator or team leader for large-scale multiple-award studies;
- Conducting on-site reviews of contractors' fiscal capability for handling federal funds;
- Performing all aspects of contract administration including preparation of overhead and cost adjustments, redirection of effort, coordination of time extensions, incorporation of change orders, issuance of stop work orders, issuance of cure notices or show cause letters, etc.;
- Applying knowledge of contract principles, laws, statutes, Executive Orders, regulations and procedures applicable to pre-award and/or post-award actions sufficient to procure and/or administer complex contracts; and
- Identifying potential or existing acquisition issues or problems and provide solutions.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594150600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.