There are two positions located on the Bridger-Teton National Forest.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of these positions are to implement annual and long-term working plans for developed and dispersed recreation sites (campgrounds, day use sites, recreation residences).
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact:
Pinedale Ranger District, Thea Koci at 307-367-5741 or email@example.com
Big Piney Ranger District, Joshua Winkler at 307-413-0167 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The responsibilities listed below are at the full performance, GS-07 level.
- Prepare detailed project work plans and schedules, including required personnel, equipment, and supplies to assist with development of annual work plans for the management unit.
- Maintain District recreation facilities such as toilets, road closure gates, hand pumps, water systems, picnic tables, fire rings, barriers, dumpsters, and other structures to assist in the implementation of operation and maintenance plans.
- Maintain developed, dispersed, and wilderness campsites, naturalize sites, and remove/replace/or close facilities or areas to control use or prevent resource damage.
- Coordinate recreation work group visits with agency operational personnel and communicate schedules and requirements for logistical support.
- Participate with other resource personnel to assist with developing long-range plans for managing natural resources within recreation areas.
- Serve as point of contact (POC) with community organizations and interest groups to generate interest in and utilization of agency recreation facilities.
- Inspect recreation areas, areas of concentrated public use, and special use permits to determine compliance with permit and management plans, public health regulations, and safety plans.
- Perform collection officer duties for recreation sites, including collecting fees and counting and reconciling money collected, to ensure deposits are made appropriately.
- Provide training to crew members and volunteers on the safe operation of hand and power tools used to perform recreation construction and maintenance duties.
- Perform supervisory duties 20% of the time.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position for meetings, trainings, and/or site visits.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/594071400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.