About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Onslow County is situated on the east coast of North Carolina and is the proud home of US Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, the largest amphibious Marine base in the world. Onslow County Schools is the 11th largest district in the state of North Carolina with over 27,000 students currently enrolled and 39 educational facilities.
- Establish written procedural guides (SOPs) and instructions for safety and sanitation and general cafeteria operation, to include training sessions on cooking, baking, and other program requirements.
- Utilize USDA-approved, Child Nutrition software systems to include Point of Sale (POS), student eligibility, menus, production records, inventory, financial management, and procurement.
- Ensure accountability of purchased food, supplies, equipment, and USDA Foods.
- Oversee and approve operation of the free and reduced price meal program in accordance with laws and regulations, publishing guidelines, making determinations on applications, and coordinating with other personnel, as required.
- As a working supervisor, provides direct supervision to all non-appropriated fund (NAF) cafeteria workers including cooks, cashiers, and food service workers.
- Provides a full range of supervisory duties including hiring, training, developing, coaching, evaluating, directing, counselling, etc. to ensure program goals and standards are met in order to accomplish the mission.
- Prepare and maintain the annual School Meal Program budget including purchasing, payroll, and capital investments.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% business travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593946700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.