This position serves as a Phlebotomist at the Loch Raven Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) in Baltimore Maryland and is responsible for collecting a broad range of routine and emergency blood samples. The incumbent may perform phlebotomy or testing on inpatients, outpatients, surgical patients, CBOC patients, ED patients or wherever the need arises.Learn more about this agency
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs phlebotomy duties and specimen collection.
- Specimen receipt and processing.
- Reference laboratory specimen processing.
- Performs patient testing.
- Maintains adequate supplies for all phlebotomy and specimen procurement procedures
ensuring work area is adequately stocked.
- Assists in the purchase, inventory, and distribution of various laboratory supplies.
- Requests supply orders, ensuring that adequate time is allowed for ordering and
- Orients and trains new employees/students in all aspects of phlebotomy and waived testing.
- Assists in evaluating new procedures to improve patient care and makes recommendations to management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
DESIGNATED DRUG-TESTING POSITION: Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test result is received.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593937700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.