The Domiciliary Rehabilitation Technician is a 60-bed residential rehabilitation facility that provides extended care to Veterans with complex alcohol and drug disorders, mental health issues, and Veterans with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The Dom also treats Veterans with psychosocial issues including homelessness and unemployment. The DRT provide 7day/week, 24 hr/day coverage of the facility on a rotational basis.Learn more about this agency
Duties of this position are, but not limited to:
- Maintain close contact with residents to ensure that their behavior and social adjustments are satisfactory
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a therapeutic, professional, helping relationship with residents
- Provide orientation to new residents by explaining Domiciliary policies/procedures, treatment expectations and goals
- Provide individual counseling as needed, applying past experience and knowledge of problems
- Serve as a role model for appropriate behavior to residents
- Responsible for reporting incidents involving injury or abuse of any resident
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm, 3:30pm-midnight, midnight-8:00am
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Rehabilitation Technician/PD30165A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593875200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.