Unpaid internships with DFC are offered year round in Washington, D.C., and can last from 12 weeks to 12 months. Within the Office of Structured Finance and Insurance (OSFI), the Insurance team provides comprehensive, cost-effective political risk insurance (PRI) and re-insurance. Specifically, PRI provides protection against three kinds of political risks: currency inconvertibility, expropriation of assets by a foreign government and damage to assets due to political violence.Learn more about this agency
Interns on the Insurance teams serve as junior analysts and may be involved in all stages of project approval as part of a project team. Interns typically work on three to six transactions, depending on the complexity of the projects and the amount of time an intern is available. Typical duties include:
- Reviewing documentation on projects for which PRI has been requested;
- Conducting research on PRI underwriting issues;
- Drafting country risk profiles;
- Preparing portions of loan papers being presented to approval committees; and
- Assisting officers with PRI contract amendments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593864200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.