This position is located within the Director's Office of the VA Central Iowa Health Care System (VACIHCS). Incumbent provides full administrative/clerical support for the primary Quadrad member(s) and Administrative Officer (AO). This position also aids other members of the Executive Management Team as needed.Learn more about this agency
VACIHCS is an integrated health care delivery system that offers a wide range of medical, surgical, and mental health care services for Veterans living in central Iowa and northern Missouri. The primary purpose of the Executive Secretary is to provide full administrative/clerical support for the primary Quadrad member(s) and Administrative Officer (AO). This position also assists other members of the Executive Team. Some common duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Exercises control of Quadrad calendars and AO(s). Uses discretion to establish priorities, sets-up, reschedules and/or refuses appointments and invitations. Arranges for representation when indicated.
- Provides complete program support for councils, committees and other agency programs as directed.
- Ensures action items and suspenses are completed accurately and timely.
- Screens calls and visitors to the Executive suite, determines the appropriate person and/or program area. Assures follow-up is accomplished when the call or visitor is redirected.
- Independently writes correspondence (both routine and unique in nature) to include letters, memorandums and directives, policies, etc.; often with a short turnaround time. Processes incoming and outgoing materials and communications; ensuring grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, attachments, etc. are inline with the Quad members viewpoint prior to signature.
- Ensures, establishes and maintains administrative and professional files (both hardcopy and electronically) and is responsible for the immediate retrieval of historical data from said files.
- Complete, updates, and maintains numbered policy memorandums; assuring correct format, grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. Routes them to the appropriate area; tracking them through the approval and publishing process.
- Maintains time and attendance records for those assigned to the primary Quad member and serves as backup to the other executive secretaries.
- Serves as the primary ADPAC (Automated Data Processing Application Coordinator) for the Directors office and staff assigned to the Directors suite.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Secretary/PD30098-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593856000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.