The Bureau of Labor Statistics measures labor market activity, working conditions, price changes, and productivity in the U.S. economy to support public and private decision making.
This position is outside the bargaining unit.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is responsible for planning and coordinating BLS real property and space management programs. Also, the incumbent provides administrative and managerial support to a wide variety of projects in these areas.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following.
• Serving as a senior member of the Project Management Team responsible for the relocation of the BLS National Office Headquarters, a high-visibility project of critical importance to the BLS mission.
• Leading the BLS real property and space management programs. Serving as Project Manager for space and facilities projects with critical mission impact, such as workspace availability and suitability; information technology infrastructure; and physical security. Directing activities and communications with internal staff, representatives from other agencies, and industry officials to coordinate program status and major milestones. Identifying, communicating, and resolving potential project deficiencies.
• Reviewing programs and projects to determine how they can be accomplished with the least disruption to workers and mission operations. Coordinating the relocation of BLS personnel and equipment as part of construction and renovation projects.
• Providing expert analysis and authoritative advice to BLS senior management on a variety of complex project management, real property, and space management matters. Representing BLS in meetings with a variety of key BLS management officials and DOL counterparts. The incumbent represents BLS on interagency working groups that involve frequent collaboration with high-level officials of other Federal agencies and Departments.
• Developing real property and space management budgets as well as budgets and plans for special projects.
• Managing a portfolio of contracts supporting the space of the BLS National Office Headquarters. The incumbent manages and oversees work performed by GSA through Reimbursable Work Agreements.
14 - This position is at the full performance level, GS-14.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593846500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.