This position is at the Rocky Mountain Regional VAMC with the Eastern Colorado Health Care System, Nutrition and Food Services (NFS), Aurora, CO. As Production Supervisor, the incumbent is fully responsible to plan, produce, direct, coordinate and monitor all phases of food production. In the absence of the Food Service Section Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for the operation of both the food production/service areas and the administrative duties within those areas.Learn more about this agency
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Full supervisory responsibility for the control of the work performed by the production employees in the food service unit.
- Oversees duty assignments for all shifts. Ensures appropriate staffing for overall production needs.
- Responsible for approximately 6 subordinates per rotating shift, ranging from (1) WG-7408-4 ICR Food Service Worker, (1) WL-404-6 Cook Leader, (6) WG-7404-6 Cooks and (4) WG-7404-4 Cooks.
- Effectively utilizes employees, assigns tasks so that all deliveries and job assignments are completed timely and accurately.
- Responsible for the assignments and reviews (performance, competency, etc.) of assigned staff.
- Responsible for ensuring all staff are appropriately trained and competent to perform their job duties.
- Ensures food production section operates effectively and efficiently. Coordination and communication with the food service section is expected.
- Responsible for procurement of subsistence and supplies using Prime Vendor as well as government purchase card with constant awareness of budgetary limitations. Responsible for receiving, inspecting, sorting and distributing subsistence and supplies
- for medical center and all offsite locations.
- Responsible for following allocated budgets and ensures effective utilization of available financial resources, adequate monetary controls and budget estimates based on accurate and applicable data. Seeks and evaluates opportunities to reduce operating
- costs without jeopardizing nutritional care provided to patients.
- Works with Food Service Dietitian or designated personnel to modify and create new menus as needed so that they remain effective for the purposes for the hospital focusing on high quality, visually appealing food items that fit within nutritional guidelines. Responsible for oversight and distribution of bulk food production for all offsite satellite locations.
- Participates in and serves as instructor and reviewer in employees' orientation and training. Provides on-the-job training for subordinates as needed and recommends employees for formal or cross training to improve skills.
- Serves as a mentor for staff.
- Initiates and participates in quality improvement programs by collecting, evaluating data and recommending or initiating corrective action.
- Initiates work orders and is responsible for users' maintenance equipment.
- Responsible for following VHA, Medical Center, and Nutrition and Food Service policies and procedures; recommending changes when indicated.
- Resolves problems dealing with day-to-day situations.
- Maintains production reports and records.
- Serves in assigned committees in a leadership or member role. Committees to include but are not limited to the menu planning committee, which determines menu items on
- standard and modified diets to accommodate the nutritional needs of the patient. Patient load determines the quantities for which preparation must be made.
- Has thorough knowledge of and ability to utilize all Nutrition and Food Service computer program(s) including programs such as Computrition. Effectively utilizes various computer operations and programs such as Microsoft Office suite, Vista, and CPRS.
- Assesses quality and quantity of work produced utilizing qualified product taste panels, safety and sanitation programs, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Program (HACCP), infection control program, menu review and other quality improvement
- Is courteous to all staff, peers, managers, patients, and visitors. Treats everyone with respect. Works as a team member and is flexible. Uses constructive comments when a problem is encountered.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with staff at all times including using computer e-mail, telephone, written, one-on-one or group methods.
- Works under the general supervision of the Food Operations Manager.
- Fills in for Food Service Supervisor, Cook Supervisor, or Food Operations Manager if needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: 5am - 8pm, Sunday - Saturday including Holidays and Weekends.
Position Description Title: Cook Supervisor / /PD# 99820-S:
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593687000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.