This position resides within the Police Service, VA Eastern Colorado HCS (ECHCS) and is physically located at the Rocky Mountain VA Medical Center. The Police Service provides a full range of law enforcement and security support for all ECHCS facilities, the Fort Logan National Cemetery and the VA Health Administration Center.Learn more about this agency
*An amendment to the Salary section of this posting has been performed changing it from $50,284 to $63,213 to reflect $$43,101 to $56,030*
The incumbent monitors and receives routine and emergency calls from a variety of sources that need police, fire, medical or other emergency services. Determines the nature and location of the emergency; uses their judgment to prioritize events and commit police resources appropriately; determines what notifications are necessary based upon event type, makes such notifications and coordinates follow-up communications.
· Receives, monitors, and processes routine emergency calls from a variety of sources.
· Receives and compiles information/reports from various sources related to police and emergency incidents.
· Operates a variety of communication and security equipment.
· Coordinates with various Federal, State, and local law enforcement officials in emergency situations.
· Responsible for orderly flow of communication between the police dispatch center, agency leadership, and the work force.
· Performs systems checks on a variety of equipment used in the dispatch center.
· Maintains accurate radio/alarm activity records/logs.
· Assists the Police Service leadership and staff in conducting security inspections.
· Responsible for making recommendations for correction of conditions within the facility that are conducive to pilferage, loss, or possible damage.
· Provides interpretation of regulations, procedures, and methods as they apply to VA controlled areas.
· Assists in the administration, monitoring, and consistent performance of installation access processes.
· Utilizes automated data processing equipment to perform routine administrative/clerical duties.
· Performs administrative/clerical duties as they relate to VA law enforcement.
Work Schedule: 1st shift 0530AM-1730PM ; 2nd shift 1730PM -0530AM
Compressed/Flexible: Not available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Security Assistant (Dispatcher)/PD00166A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593676600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.