The position is aligned under the Veterans Health Administration Office of Community Care, and are physically located in Las Vegas, Nevada. In this position you will be responsible for performing a broad range of duties to achieve the established expected results for medical billings and reimbursable and non-reimbursable collections and may also perform insurance verification duties.Learn more about this agency
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-06. At the GS-05 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-06. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the verification of Veterans' insurance coverage for inpatient and outpatient services, entering updated information, and maintaining the database
- Document pre-admission requirements and identify patients requiring second opinions
- Responsible for all reimbursable billing activities
- Coordinate completion of forms with patients, administrative staff, and providers
- Validates claims for billing purposes ensuring eligibility and referring questionable coding for review
- Responsible for third party collection from insurance companies and for accounts receivable
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593658400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.