The primary purpose of this position is to carry out a variety of project plans in support of the unit timber management program.Learn more about this agency
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found at https://fsoutreach.gdcii.com/Outreach
Recruitment or Relocation Incentive may be authorized. Final determination will be made at the time of the job offer.
- Duties listed are at the full performance level (GS-06).
- Lay out boundaries of cutting areas as outlined in an environmental assessment.
- Under supervision of a professional forester, select and mark trees to be harvested or left uncut.
- Estimate volume, defect, and quality of timber.
- Measure and defect timber on the ground using maps and written cruise plans.
- Provide instruction to apprentice cruisers on measuring timber and cruise methods and techniques for appraisals.
- Summarize cruising and marking data and prepares reports and topographic maps indicating quantity of timber and condition of area.
- Draft area maps, marks unit boundaries and occasionally uses Global Positioning Systems (GPS) to record boundary locations.
50% or less - Travel for site visits, training and/or meetings may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593648100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.