The primary purpose of this position is to carry out a variety of project plans in support of the unit timber management program.Learn more about this agency
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found at https://fsoutreach.gdcii.com/Outreach
Recruitment or Relocation Incentive may be authorized. Final determination will be made at the time of the job offer.
- This position will be filled at the GS-6 grade level with promotion potential to the GS-7 grade level. Duties listed are at the full performance level.
- Lay out timber sale boundaries in accordance with environmental assessments.
- Mark or designate harvestable timber for appraisal of timber.
- Draft timber cruise plans and sample surveys to estimate quality and quantity of timber.
- Interpret silvicultural prescriptions and marking guides to designate harvestable timber.
- Perform timber cruising duties including estimating volume, defect and quality timber using standard cruising methods such as 3P and fixed variable plot, tree measurement, species identification, and traversing.
- Provide instruction to apprentice cruisers on measuring timber and cruise methods and techniques for appraisals.
- Provide technical assistance to specialists in the development of logging plans and preliminary road location.
- Draft sale area maps.
50% or less - Travel for site visits, training and/or meetings may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593648000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.