The Raymond G Murphy Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center is currently recruiting for one (1) Research Health Science Specialist to work in Research Services Albuquerque, NM. The incumbent is a Health Science Specialist, also called a Clinical Research Coordinator, for one or more research studies or clinical demonstration projects conducted at the VA Medical Center.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will make significant contributions to the achievement of the research and demonstration projects by performing a variety of clinical assessments, research procedures, regulatory procedures, and complex administrative tasks. The position requires skills in project management, recruitment of research participants, informed consent, assessments, tracking of participants over time, data collection, data management, aggregate data reports, scientific report writing, and record keeping and tracking to ensure and demonstrate compliance with complex federal research regulations. Integrity, willingness to focus consistent and meticulous attention to detail, and placing a high value on excellence in verbal and written communication are a prerequisite attributes.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as project coordinator in support of one or more principal investigators who are leading one or more research studies and/or clinical demonstration projects.
- Create and oversee project management tracking systems to assure the study remains on schedule and in compliance in regards to data collection goals, budget expenditures, and research regulation compliance.
- Collect study data (e.g., conduct structured interviews to rate symptoms, complete observational ratings in clinical settings, administer neuropsychological testing).
- Screen and evaluates candidates for clinical research studies and/or clinical demonstration projects with research designs of moderate to high complexity.
- Gather pre-existing health care information from the electronic medical records and VA administrative databases as per research protocol.
- Manage implementation, control and reporting on clinical tests and assessments. Conducts state of the art diagnostic assessments, neurocognitive batteries and psychopathology rating scales, in particular the Clinician Administered PTSD Scale (CAPS).
- Obtain necessary supplemental information from VA databases in order to measure and track indicators, severity of illness, and response to treatment.
- Record and maintain results and records of all tests or assessments as per protocol and in a manner complying with research regulations, prepares project administrative and statistical reports, and organizes and maintains the resulting database(s).
- Provide training on the tests and assessments for other team members. Performs other related duties for research and clinical tests and assessments as assigned.
- Conducting literature searches required for the assigned project.
- Contributing ideas and suggestions throughout all phases of the research or clinical demonstration projects.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Resrch Hlth Sci Spclst/PD50252O
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593572600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.