THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, Position Description Number D0479000and is part of the MS 1108 TASMG, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
As a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, WG-8852-10, you will have responsibility for the performance of the full range of aircraft maintenance duties including troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, repair and ground testing of assemblies, systems and surfaces for one or more types of military aircraft, fixed and rotary wing. This position is located in an Aviation Classification Repair Activity Depot (AVCRAD).
(1) Performs inspections, functional checks and preventive maintenance to include phase inspections, daily inspections, pre and post flight inspections and such special inspections. as required, including fuel and contamination checks, oil sampling, and inspection of on board emergency equipment. Conducts checks on hydraulic, electrical, transmission, power systems, etc.
(2) Troubleshoots, diagnoses and performs,unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft. Performs the full range of repair and testing of aircraft systems, assemblies and surfaces, test equipment, Using a variety of methods involving visual checks and instruments, diagnoses and identifies problem areas and determines the extent of repairs required. Removes components and assemblies, repairs or replaces defective parts and components and reassembles repaired items into the aircraft. Installs, aligns and makes needed adjustments to major components and assemblies such as engines, propeller/rotors, transmissions, hydraulic systems, etc., assisting specialists as required. Accomplishes adjustments to related systems which may be affected by repairs. Conducts ground functional tests of all aircraft systems. Services aircraft with oil, deicing fluid, fuel and hydraulic fluid. Performs inspections prior to takeoff, inspecting for conditions such as oil, fuel and hydraulic leaks, cut lines, tires and loose panels. Completes authorized modifications on aircraft and components.
(3) Serves, as requested, on ldaintenance Assistance and Instruction Teams (MAIT) and contact teams to support activities in accomplishment of assigned duties. Performs such travel as necessary
(4) May be required to perform such additional duties as fire fighting,
aircraft crash/rescue, snow removal, etc.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
Details of the duties and responsibilities are contained in the applicable position description located online, on the FASCLASS website. https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593570000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.