The Division of Program Analysis and Evaluation in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer of Department of Homeland Security is offering a Joint Duty Assignment. The detail will be filled at the successful candidate's current grade and salary level, though preferably at either the GS-13 or GS-14 level. This is an excellent opportunity to work collaboratively across the Department, support the expansion of DHS' evidence culture, and become familiar with PA&E's.Learn more about this agency
The PA&E Evaluation Team is responsible for leading the Department's efforts to comply with certain requirements of the Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act of 2018 (Evidence Act) and subsequent Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance for federal agencies. The individual selected for this detail will work closely with the members of PA&E's Evaluation Team to conduct some of these activities. The incumbent will report to the Assistant Director for Evaluation.
- Create and curate artifacts related to stakeholder engagement activities, and conduct such activities as directed.
- Analyze and interpret qualitative information using appropriate academic qualitative and mixed methods, and plan such activities as directed.
- Synthesize results of qualitative and mixed methods analysis into written documents and/or oral presentations.
- Lead collaborative teams on the planning of rigorous evidence building (e.g., using various types of research, evaluation, and analysis) for DHS programs, policies, and regulations and coordinate efforts, as appropriate with other DHS stakeholders. This will require:
- Planning for and engaging stakeholders, including facilitating stakeholder and other meetings, for purposes of establishing plans for rigorous evidence building;
- Developing a description of a program design, such as a theory of change or logic model;
- Determining what decision makers and what strategic or operational decision that evidence building must inform;
- Identifying a key question(s) related to the theory of change or logic model that is appropriate to inform strategic or operational decisions;
- Selecting the evidence building activity (e.g., from among various types of research, evaluation, and analysis), designs and methods, indicators to be measured, and potential data sources that are appropriate to address the question(s).
- Enable others, including team members and other DHS stakeholders, to effectively engage with evidence planning activities and processes.
- Provide technical assistance or training to internal and external audiences on evaluation methods, concepts, and tools.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593556200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.