The Raymond G Murphy Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center is currently recruiting for two (2) Office Automation Clerk to work in Cooperative Studies Program Albuquerque, NM. The Incumbent will provide the full range of clerical support necessary to a specific work unit or function as the subject matter expert· regarding a particular office procedure or practice in a larger work unit.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operate a computer and selects appropriate software to prepare a wide range of narrative and tabular material (e.g. correspondence, reports, scientific and technical papers, posters, charts, statistical tables, manuals, travel orders, messages, and other documents) involving the terminology of the unit for which the work is done .
- Assure the correctness of format, spacing, arrangement, and preparation of material and final format as prescribed by style manuals.
- Ensure grammar, spelling, and punctuation are correct.
- Develop standard forms and format styles for use in updating reports, retrieving information, responding the unique requests, etc.
- Develop methods and procedures for streamlining and incorporating efficiencies and leading-edge technology into office automation tasks; identifies and solves problems in existing methods or procedures.
- Maintain a variety of office files in accordance with established protocols and regulatory procedures.
- Operate the full range of office machinery such as copiers, facsimiles, postage meters, printers, etc.
- Preparing, updating and maintaining the master binder file for each clinical study. Ensures the electronic and hard copy of all covers, tabs, and contents are correctly aligned, stored in the proper software format and fully annotated. Ensures all modifications are fully documented.
- Coordinate applicant interviews.
- Prepare and coordinate large reproduction jobs either using in-house equipment or coordinating contract reproduction.
- Prepare and coordinate mass mailings.
- Maintain local and national databases in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Serve as timekeeper.
- Prepare deviation requests when there is a need to deviate from established quality standards and processes.
- Receive visitors and telephone calls referring them to the proper persons or furnishing information as requested.
- Use a government owned vehicle to run errands between the CRPCC, VAMC, local conference centers, the airport, and similar places of business serving as an official CRPCC representative while picking up and delivering visitors, packages, and mail; assisting other staff in setting up meetings, conferences and training sessions; and related activities.
- Route, control, and distribute mail and other office communications in accordance with established procedures and knowledge of the organization.
- Serve as controlled substance program inspector on a rotational basis.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Office Automation Clerk/PD10202A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593455200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.