The position of Optometrist is located at the Wind River Service Unit, Division of Clinical Services, Branch of Optometry Services, Ft. Washakie, Wyoming. Position reports to the Clinical Services Administrator or designee.Learn more about this agency
Announced concurrently under Delegated Examining procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-21-BI-11045540-DE for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
- Diagnose and treat a wide range of eye diseases, i.e., glaucoma, related systemic condition to diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid, sexually transmitted diseases and rheumatologic conditions ad visual and ocular problems, neuromuscular impairments or impairments or anomalies of binocular function.
- Communicate medical eye care with other medical professionals concerning ocular conditions and interpretations of vision testing.
- Use various equipment and devices for optometry and ophthalmology services.
- Provide specialty services, clinics and community based screenings to school age children, individuals prone to diabetic retinopathy, low vision, contact lenses, geriatric and special needs patients.
- Oversee and provide direction to the optometry program and staff.
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593443900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.