The Salisbury VAMC in Salisbury, North Carolina is actively seeking a well-qualified physician with strong leadership and interpersonal skills to serve as an Ophthalmologist in the Surgery Service Line.Learn more about this agency
Recruitment Incentives are not authorized for this position.
Duties include, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring the provision of comprehensive surgical/clinical services and complies with established policies within the Department of Surgery/ Ophthalmology section.
- Clinical Management including indirect patient care: open encounter and open consult maintenance, CPRS documentation requirements, monitoring of clinic management. Maintains involvement in matters concerning clinic productivity, relevant performance measures, Quality and Patient Safety oversight, as well as process improvements (system redesigns).
- Attending required staff meetings, communicating up and down the chain of command, and helping prepare heads-up and issue briefs related to adverse patient outcomes at the direction of the Section Chief.
- Maintain privileges and practice in their specialty field.
- Provide patient care that is compassionate, appropriate, and effective for the promotion of health, prevention of illness, treatment of disease, and care at the end of life.
- Demonstrate knowledge of established and evolving biomedical, clinical and social sciences, and the application of their knowledge to patient care and the education of others.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that enable them to establish and maintain professional relationships with patients, families, and other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrate behaviors that reflect a commitment to continuous professional development, ethical practice, and understanding and sensitivity to diversity, and a responsible attitude toward their patients, their profession.
- Show an ability to identify and define significant Research and Development problems, to plan and execute a precise research program, and to generate effective reports and results worthy of publication
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:45AM - 4:30PM
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593383600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.