THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE ANNOUNCEMENT. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Direct Hire Authority, authorized by 5 United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 3304 and 5 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 337, Subpart B. Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to the Direct Hire process.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Contract Specialist in the Acquisitions, Government Publishing Office in Washington, District of Columbia.
The selectee will work shift 1
- The incumbent inputs purchase orders, change orders, cancellations, and also monitor payment of procurement jobs using the Oracle System.
- Evaluates proposal/bids received and recommends award to the lowest bidder whose offer complies with all aspects of the solicitation.
- Independently responsible for fulfillment of requisitions received from various divisions of the office, from initiation of procurement to recommendation for award of contract.
- Determines the best method of procurement whether by the informal bid process, formal advertising, considering urgency and nature of the requirement; availability, and prospective competition for the most complex material.
- Prepares solicitations, sets up proposals, edits language, inserts special terms and conditions, and secures technical or engineering specifications from appropriate personnel and appropriate contract clauses.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593355400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.