This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, Position Description Number D1366000and is part of the MS 186 ARW, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
As a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC, WG-8852-10, you will inspect, repair, modify, and service aircraft systems, components, and assemblies, both on- and off-aircraft. This position is located within a National Guard aircraft maintenance organization.
(1) Performs inspections, functional checks, and preventive maintenance on aircraft to include periodic, phase, hourly, preflight, postflight, calendar, thru-flight, and special inspections such as fuel contamination, emergency equipment, and oil sampling. Inspects and performs functional checks such as landing gear retraction and operation checks on hydraulic, electrical, pressurization, lubrication, de-icing, vacuum, induction, and exhaust systems. Installs equipment such as external tanks, tow reels, hoists, and pylons.
(2) Troubleshoots and performs unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft, utilizing various gauges, meters, measuring devices and other related test equipment. Performs major adjustments and alignments of aircraft systems or components and assists specialists as required. Removes and replaces aircraft components such as control surfaces, engines, constant speed drive, engine mounted gear boxes, wing fuel tanks or cells, landing gear mechanisms, wheels, brakes and tires. Services oil, fluid, fuel, hydraulic, and oxygen systems. Adjusts and maintains installed equipment such as tow targets, hydraulic reels, and drive assemblies. Removes and replaces working or inoperative parts and elements. Performs operator maintenance on aircraft installed auxiliary power units. Tows, taxies, parks, and moors assigned and transient aircraft. Meets and debriefs the aircrew on the status of the aircraft. Launches and recovers assigned and transient aircraft to include those on alert status. Performs end-of-runway inspections prior to take-off. Inspects for conditions such as oil, fuel and hydraulic leaks; damaged tires; and loose panels which would make the aircraft unsafe for flight.
(3) May be required to perform user and organizational level maintenance on assigned support equipment, including inspection, repair, modification, and corrosion prevention. Inventories, controls, stores and repairs 780 equipment. Accomplishes and reviews nonpowered AGE and 780 equipment records relating to assigned equipment.
(4) Provides data for aircraft maintenance historical records, complete maintenance data collection, man-hour accounting, and other forms as required. Assists the aircraft maintenance supply function in identifying parts and stock numbers and obtaining necessary parts and tools to perform assigned duties.
(5) Instructs, directs, and assigns maintenance repair tasks to drill status guard members. Observes work and ensures compliance with standard procedures and applicable technical publications.
(6) Complies with safety, fire, security, and housekeeping regulations. Ensures that material and equipment are properly stored, protected, maintained and secured.
(7) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as MEI, ORI, IG and UE inspections, mobility and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/ rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operator, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned.
Details of the duties and responsibilities are contained in the applicable position description located online, on the FASCLASS website. https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593347400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.