THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a Production Controller, Position Description Number D1259000 and is part of the Field Maintenance Shop 2 of the Vermont Army National Guard.
The purpose of this position is to plan, schedule, control, and monitor the status of equipment maintenance; and to assist a higher-graded production Controller.
(1) Establishes plans, schedules, and controls the maintenance and repair of a variety of vehicles and equipment such as combat vehicles, heavy-duty engineering and mobile equipment, tracked vehicles, towed and self-propelled artillery, communications and electronic equipment, guided missile systems, and small arms. Implements maintenance plans and monitors progress of accomplishments. Provides status of equipment, maintenance actions in progress, and location of equipment. Inputs data regarding work order information, status changes, supply updates, and other pertinent information. Makes on-the-spot adjustments to repair priorities on routine or reoccurring processes necessitated by unscheduled maintenance requirements.
(2) Studies directives, modification work orders, and regulations as to their application in the unit. Assists supervisory personnel in determining impact of these requirements on shop capability. Modifies production planning to accommodate these requirements. Conducts initial and long range planning pertaining to routine production processes, mechanical skills, availability of test and diagnostic equipment, repair parts, and other factors influencing the repair, modification, and maintenance of equipment and readiness reporting.
(3) Designates and maintains current maintenance repair priorities by Force Activity Designator, pacing items, Equipment Readiness Codes (ERC) A, B, and C equipment type, available funds, commander's priority, state/national priorities, (in the case of floods, fires, and mobilizations) and unit supported. Authorizes the acceptance of equipment for repair; monitors work priorities, status, and completion of work orders and requisitions; and provides status of repair parts. Assists supervisory personnel regarding readiness, Class 9 (CL IX) funding, production problems and work planning. Assists in the resolution of problems encountered between scheduled or unscheduled production or priority requirements.
(4) Provides assistance to ensure that Modified Table of Organization and Equipment (MTO&E) or Table of Distribution and Allowances (TDA) reportable Line Item Numbers (LIN) are properly managed, reported and accounted for with respect to readiness reports, property accountability reports and system management. Based on guidance received from the supervisor or higher graded production controller, prioritizes resources to ensure the highest level of readiness in support of training and mobilization requirements of supported units. Works with other sections within the organization to ensure equipment readiness reports are correct and submitted in time to meet Department of the Army (DA) reporting suspense.
(5) Analyzes repair methods and recommends control procedures to ensure that accomplishment of programs meet priorities and deadlines established by higher authority or support activities. Coordinates with units and other support activities concerning the delivery, status of repair operations, and/or pick up of completed work orders.
(6) In the absence of the higher graded production controller, ensures that unit CL IX accounts are funded, budgeted, and executed to maximize readiness; and performs demand analysis on CL IX expenses to determine proper PLL stockage to sustain facility mission requirements.
(7) May provide day-to-day technical guidance to lower-graded personnel assisting in the maintenance production or maintenance management processes. Ensures necessary maintenance records are maintained and required reports are submitted to units and higher headquarters' in a timely manner.
(8) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593328100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.