THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a MATERIALS HANDLER (SSC) (Title 32), Position Description Number D1909000 and is part of the IL USPFO, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Plan and lay out work to be accomplished in the shop which is then completed by the individual and lower graded worker(s).
- Plan, organize and direct shop maintenance programs/procedures under general supervision.
- Provide recommendations and input to the supervisor concerning personnel actions such as performance appraisals, awards, position description changes, disciplinary actions, leave, etc.
- Possess the knowledge and skills required for planning, accomplishing and maintaining a functional shop maintenance program.
- Devise and maintain all program plans and records.
- Skilled in surveillance and troubleshooting techniques.
- Able to determine maintenance/repair procedures needed without benefit of technical supervisory guidance.
- Independently determine appropriate maintenance procedures such as how and when the work should be accomplished.
- Estimate manpower, equipment and material requirements.
- Determine approaches, methods and courses of action required to accomplish the mission of the shop in an effective and efficient manner.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593325800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.