THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION WITH NO MILITARY REQUIREMENT.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a HR ASST (MILITARY), Position Description Number PDT5045000 and is part of the Mississippi National Guard.
As a HR ASST (MILITARY), GS-0203-6, you will serve as the final reviewer and procedural authority of personnel actions submitted to the MILPO by lower echelons.
1. Serves as a final reviewer of actions, which may include but are not limited to: accessions, promotions, transfers, boards, promotion eligibility; retirement eligibility; and actions that affect eligibility of educational or incentive benefits as well as sensitive, complex cases, which involve: allegations of inequitable, prejudiced, or similar treatment (e.g. issues of fraudulent enlistment or assignment; removal of military member from active or inactive status). Performs complete review of records and other case documentation to ensure that they are procedurally correct, complete, and documentation is sufficient for action being taken and that all levels of legal, medical, and administrative review have been completed. Cases have major effects on career or service as they may result in unfavorable career separation or loss of status. Insures that regulatory requirements related to the specific action are met. Identifies gaps or inconsistencies in the record and initiates action or interviews personnel to obtain needed data.
2. Researches and obtains all necessary relevant information regarding cases and issues and provides explanations and interpretations of rules, regulations, procedures, and requirements pertaining to actions taken or recommended. Forwards cases to the appropriate action officer for final review and decisions. Drafts or prepares related correspondence for appropriate signature and enters data in automated systems, as needed. Retrieves data from information sources, both manual and electronic, for use in answering questions, responding to correspondence, or preparing reports or briefings. Insures completeness and proper forwarding of records to appropriate board. Provides advice and guidance to other personnel on actions in areas of expertise, as well as, advice, instructions, and interpretations, as needed, to lower echelons.
3. Provides support to maintain a variety of automated systems used to manage service members both locally and statewide. Reviews transaction reports from previous days inputs for errors, corrects inaccurate data, and resubmits transaction for update to Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) and local databases. Provides technical guidance and training to all supported activities concerning transaction processing and system software. Identifies training needs of system users and tailors training to meet those needs. Develops installation Program of Instruction (POI) and functional training package. Determines type, length and frequency of training. Conducts formal and informal system and functional training. Assists in on-site training as requested or required by supported units.
4. Participates in unit Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP) for those units whose service members are being mobilized to active duty. Provides counseling to service member on available benefits; accuracy of the emergency data and contact information and the accuracy of the DEERS/RAPIDS (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System/Realtime Automated Personnel Identification System) information; and allows the service member to perform a general review of their record.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Details of the duties and responsibilities are contained in the applicable position description located online, on the FASCLASS website. https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593237300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.