The Greater Los Angeles VA Healthcare Network is recruiting for a Senior Social Worker in the Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Center (PRRC). The Senior Social Worker interviews Veterans and conducts psychosocial assessments, makes psychosocial diagnoses, plans effective treatment, and performs evaluations to improve care. The Senior Social Worker is the primary mental health provider for Veterans with Serious Mental Illness (SMI).Learn more about this agency
The major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides services to patients with highly complex health, or mental health problems, and executes administrative responsibilities for clinical program development.
- Interviews Veterans and their family members, and significant others to establish facts about the Veterans situation.
- Serves Veterans who tend to have frequent and severe crises, lack family, or an adequate community support network, are poor at self-monitoring, and frequently fail to comply with instructions and treatment.
- Coordinates clinical and psychosocial services and is accountable for the overall effectiveness of the services provided.
- Provides case management services to those Veterans at high social or medical risk, serving as the liaison to other treatment programs.
- Assists Veterans with serious mental illness, providing individual, group, and family therapies as well as a variety evidence-based psychotherapy.
- Develops and implements methods for measuring effectiveness of social work practice and services in specialty areas.
- Assesses serious and complicated cases involving psychiatric illness, catastrophic medical conditions, dementia and other high-risk diagnoses.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593188200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.