The Resident Country Director (RCD) position resides in the Africa Division of MCC's Department of Compact Operations (DCO) and reports to the Deputy Vice President for Africa. The RCD for Tunisia will be physically based in Tunisia. As an official U.S. Government employee (USG), the RCD will be part of the USG country team and will collaborate closely with the U.S. Embassy in Tunis.Learn more about this agency
The RCD leads MCC's implementation of its compact investment in a partner country and provides ongoing oversight, guidance, advice, technical feedback, and support to the country's Millennium Challenge Account entity (the MCA), which undertakes the country's responsibility for compact program implementation. The RCD plays a critical role in the compact's success by:
- Providing oversight, feedback, and guidance to government counterparts with respect to the development and implementation of the compact program, including interfacing with high-level government stakeholders.
- Coordinating the management, oversight, and support activities of a multidisciplinary country team based in MCC headquarters in Washington, DC.
- Providing leadership and advice to the MCA during their startup phase, including but not limited to activities such as recruitment, HR and administrative systems, design and implementation of quality assurance systems, project management systems, financial management systems, and corporate governance.
- Assisting the MCA and other entities of the partner country government in ensuring that compact implementation is in accordance with MCC policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Ensuring proper implementation of MCC approvals and other internal control procedures, as well as audit and impact evaluation efforts.
- Anticipating and planning to mitigate potential problems (including substantive or administrative issues) and tracking milestones and concrete progress on Compact's entry-into-force and/or implementation and suggesting appropriate actions such as program modifications.
- Serving as an observer on the MCA board of directors and exercising MCC's rights and authorities as designated in the compact and any supplemental agreements.
- Performing site visits and reporting on the progress of compact implementation to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Responding to inquiries from the MCC headquarters, the U.S. Congress, other USG agencies, and other key stakeholders.
- Keeping the U.S. Chief of Mission (COM) informed regarding MCC activities and developments in country and attending and participating in the Embassy's USG country team meetings as well as classified security, Congressional Delegation (CODEL) and other briefings for senior USG officials.
- Organizing public outreach and representational events related to the implementation of compact activities in Tunisia, including helping represent MCC in interactions with CODELs, other donors, representatives of the local business community and civil society, and other interested parties.
- Leading coordination and collaboration efforts with other donors, private sector and civil society organizations, and representing MCC in meetings with other donors and in other settings where various country strategies may be formulated and discussed or USG policies represented.
- Preparing and providing clearances on briefing papers, speeches, talking points, and reports on compact implementation and issues related to MCC activities and approaches.
- Providing day-to-day management and supervision of the local MCC staff, including the Deputy Resident Country Director (DRCD), office, and budget, in close coordination with relevant staff at the U.S. Embassy and MCC headquarters.
- Liaising with the Office of the Inspector General and Government Accountability office on all reviews of the compact program.
- Managing, supervising, and reporting on MCC's in-country presence, including procurement, staffing, budgeting, and financial and asset management needs.
- Completing other responsibilities and special projects related to MCC activities as delegated or requested by MCC Washington.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593076200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.