About the Position: Serve as a developmental Civil Engineer, performing duties (with increasing levels of responsibility) on complex projects within the District's Civil Works or MILCON Program.Learn more about this agency
PLEASE NOTE: Recruitment incentives, including student loan repayment, may be offered to highly qualified candidates.
- This is a developmental position. The duties of this position can lead to the full performance level of GS-0810-12.
- GS-12 Duties:
- Adapt project requirements to the controlling criteria and exercises an extensive professional knowledge to resolve unique problems related to the more complex aspects of civil site layout and civil design.
- Applies extensive and diversified professional knowledge of civil engineering theory, principals, and practices.
- At the full performance level, provides guidance to lower grade engineers and personally develops more complex aspects of civil engineering plans and specifications.
- Writes technical documents and performs technical reviews.
- Provides engineering support during construction.
- Assignments are accomplished under rigid time schedules and are subject to unforeseen changes.
Occasional travel - Business Travel (TDY) is approximately 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593043200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.