This position is located in the Office of Global Programs, supporting the Global Procurement Initiative (GPI) program as part of the Agency's high-profile Indo-Pacific Initiative. The incumbent will serve as a senior U.S. government subject matter expert and technical authority for the Global Programs team in the review of foreign countries' procurement activities for GPI country partners in the Indo-Pacific region.Learn more about this agency
- Provides expert guidance and makes recommendations to senior management on assistance to be provided under USTDA?s GPI based on assessments of potential new partner countries.
- Reviews and manages the work products of IDIQ-contractors that provide logistical and training services to USTDA under the GPI program as well as technical experts who provide procurement and life-cycle cost analysis training course materials.
- Develops and executes lectures on highly technical topics related to procurement best practices, establishes agendas for specific GPI country partner trainings, and serves when needed as a US expert for discussion sessions.
- Manages ongoing relationships with existing GPI partner countries, while also building new partnerships in the region.
- Conducts scoping missions to potential GPI partner countries, analyzes the current procurement system, policies and practices, and makes recommendations as to what training or reforms are needed.
- Provides guidance to the Global Programs? team members as well as GPI partner countries on the development of tender documentation, statements of work, government cost estimates, and price schedules.
- Negotiates grant agreements, terms of reference, and other terms of USTDA?s assistance under the GPI with countries in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Represents USTDA and the GPI at interagency meetings for the Indo-Pacific region, as well as at international conferences, workshops, and panel discussions on procurement.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/593010800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.